Cultural Encounters Reflection

CULTURAL ENCOUNTERS BLOG REFLECTION

1. What was one thing you learned from the simulations we played in class? How did this help you understand the essential questions better?

Well many of the simulations helped picture it better but there was in particular that helped me realize another way people move. The way they made me realize was because you ran out of something or everything.

In the simulation our 'family' was very poor and kept loosing crop, food, land, and water. Then we shared our land and food and crop and water with another 'family'. We mixed our food and all that together and we all had enough food...

At least for a week. After that we had the same problem and we finally were forced to move to the New World. So it helped me picture another way people move.

2. Reading was a part of Cultural Encounters. When you read the books you were asked to think about your reading. What did you learn about your reading while doing this

I learned that I can still read the same way as if I was just reading a regular book, while reading a historical fiction book. I learned that one of the only differences is that when I read a historical fiction book I tend to take more notes than a regular fiction or realistic fiction book. Another thing that I noticed about the differences was the different reading style. With a regular book you just read it with expression and read it fluently for your own entertainment. Where as in a historical fiction book you read it to remember or to learn about that subject.

Those are some of the things I noticed about my reading.


3. Did the journal entries help you to better understand your character? Why or why not? Explain in detail.

Well it helped me understand the life back then more, and the reason I could understand it was because I read and thought about my reading while I was reading the James Town books and the Plymouth books.

Although it helped me picture the life of the people that founded the land it didn't really help me picture the life of my character, because I am the one who made his life. Although the books helped me with the background I made the rest. So I guess you could say it helped me a little bit.


4. What was the best part of your presentation? How could it have been improved? 5. What was the biggest learning you gained from this unit? Explain with details.

I think the unit helped me learn that no one or the world is perfect and it never will be. There will probably always be people that don't like certain people and some that don't really care. It also helped me picture a lot of ways people move, that will help me if I move again understand why we moved . I had a lot of fun in this unit and learned a lot about America, slavery, the life in the 1600s, and many more things.

No comments:

Post a Comment